California Career College Nursing Library seeks a responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individual as a full-time Librarian. The Librarian will work closely with faculty to provide instruction, reference and research support.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Plan and present in-person and online library instruction sessions
- Provide research and citation assistance to students and faculty; consult with faculty for in-depth literature searches and systematic reviews
- Develop productive relationships with faculty; promote integration of library resources into curricula and research projects
- Assess and coordinate campus online and in-person reference activities; provide training for library staff as needed
- Create and maintain point-of-need materials and online guides
- Assist with service desk coverage; including, but not limited to, evenings and weekends
- Maintain knowledge of academic health science librarianship and related fields, including attending funded professional development activities and CE opportunities
- Participate in campus committee, service and activities as requested
- Provide recommendations and feedback on library materials purchased or subscribed to in support of the academic programs; evaluate existing collections as requested
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated enthusiasm for educating students with diverse backgrounds, ability to work collaboratively with faculty and library co-workers as team member, demonstrated excellent presentation and communication skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities. Must have knowledge of current library systems, technologies (e.g., MSOffice, LibGuides, EndNote), and online searching techniques, as well as general understanding of scholarly communication, copyright, and information literacy.
- Master’s degree in Library Science or Library & Information Science from an American Library Association-accredited program within six months after start date
- Library reference experience or documented relevant course work
Instruction or group presentation experience preferred
- Academic library work experience preferred (includes paraprofessional level work)
- Familiarity with health science resources or terminology preferred
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between local campus buildings, off-campus, and clinical facilities.
- Performing duties and attending events outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Traveling off-campus to local, regional and/or national events occurs occasionally and is required.
- Incumbents may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among University personnel and/or students.
Please complete the following form.
California Career College is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.