Nursing Clinical Adjunct Faculty
California Career College is seeking adjunct clinical nursing faculty, in the areas of Adult Health, Pediatrics, Maternal-Newborn, Mental Health and Community Health for the Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program. The successful candidate will be responsible for the education of pre-licensure associate degree nursing students, serving on college committees and engaging in professional development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Develop and deliver instructional materials to meet course outcomes.
- Teach in the classroom, clinical/campus laboratory and clinical seminars in accordance with curriculum standards and outcomes.
- Plan, implement and evaluate the nursing curriculum.
- Develop evaluation strategies and materials in accordance with course outcomes.
- Function as a class adviser to provide advisement and guidance for the intellectual, personal, and professional development of assigned students.
- Collaborate with other faculty, preceptors and clinical personnel to provide optimum learning opportunities for students.
- Plan, supervise and evaluate learning experiences for students in the clinical area.
- Perform pre- and post-conferences in the clinical area to help students integrate clinical learning with theoretical learning.
- Serve on college committees.
- Participate in nursing and college services and activities.
- Maintain expertise in his/her specialty area, clinical practice, and in teaching methodologies.
- Develop and evaluate standards/criteria for the admission, progression, and graduation of students.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to meet the challenges of adult students with diverse backgrounds.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in nursing from an accredited institution.
- Master’s degree in nursing, doctoral degree or enrolled in a doctoral program preferred.
- Registered Nurse in the state of California or is eligible for licensure.
- Two years’ experience in clinical specialty.
- Previous teaching experience is preferred but is not required.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between local campus buildings, off-campus, and clinical facilities.
- Performing duties and attending events outside the normally scheduled work hours occasionally occurs and is required.
- Traveling off-campus to local, regional and/or national events occurs occasionally and is required.
- Incumbents may be exposed to frequent noise caused by telephones, office machines, and nearby oral communications among University personnel and/or students.
Please complete the following form.
California Career College is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.