Serves as a receptionist for California Career College. This position welcomes students and prospective candidates by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Answer multi-line telephone system, take accurate messaged and transfer telephone calls to the appropriate person in an efficient manner.
- Greet and screen incoming visitors in a professional manner and promptly notify appropriate personnel of their arrival.
- Type correspondence and various documentation as assigned.
- Maintains security by following procedures; monitoring logbook; issuing visitor badges
- Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Operate standard office equipment to include; multi-line telephone system, postage machine/scale, facsimile machine, computer/printer, and photocopy machine.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professionalism, communication, proficiency with Microsoft Office, multitasking, prioritizing, interpersonal skills, customer focus, organization, handling pressure, dependability, supply management, copying, faxing, filing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, faculty and other agencies.
- Familiarity and knowledge of computer functions.
- Ability to learn new software programs.
- General knowledge of multiline phones, fax and office equipment.
- Ability to work in different areas as needed.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education.
- One year experience as a receptionist and/or customer service role.
Required Physical Abilities
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, move from one area of the building to another on a regular basis, sit and use a computer for a long period of time.
- Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a computer keyboard and handle paper documents.
- Sufficient near vision acuity to read information appearing on computer display screen, hand-written forms, and printed on paper.
- Adequate hearing and verbal abilities to communicate effectively in person and by telephone.
- Ability to lift and carry a stack of forms and documents weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Any additional area-specific physical requirements.
Depending on Experience.
Please complete the following form.
California Career College is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.